Tuesday 27 November 2012

Vintage Solid Granny Blanket - Week 4 - Tuesday's Tallies

So one hundred and ninety two squares, twelve each of sixteen colours are whizzed up. The only teeny tiny annoying bit being I didn't sew in the ends as I went. Now regretted, naturally.
Although it isn't too bad as I am sewing in the ends for a pile of 16 different squares and then adding to my throw, a row at a time.
Using teal that has not been used so far. I will work all the rows one way, and then the vertical rows.
A nice neat join going through the back 2 loops only, and just an end at the beginning and end of each row.
Properly arty types can be random.....but I have equal numbers of 16 colours, and am randomly working out each row as I go. So I sew in the 32 ends for 16 squares, and place next to the throw to date to make sure a colour only ever repeats in one row of 16 and never more than twice is a 12, and of course never adjoin each other. The top row is "planned" but not joined yet below.
So is this random or not? Who cares.....! 6 rows of 12 done!
I love the Elmer Squares, so neat.

I should be on the border next week, and I am hoping to goodness my mum hasn't taken up crochet and blogging and seen her Christmas Present!  Keep up with Carole's One A Day Tuesday's Tallies here

6 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I'm so in love with your colours! Your squares look lovely. I started an Elmer Square Baby Blanket recently (never mind that I mentioned last week that I don't like solid squares... we somehow clicked now...)

    I'm sure your mum will be thrilled when she opens her present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is looking lovely!! Really loving all the patchworky blankets at the moment!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is going to be one wonderful blanket and gift! What a good daughter you are!!
    ****************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    ****************************************
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh it's looking fabulous Fiona!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking great, I think it is still random enough even with your rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous is all I can say excellent beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Comments are very welcome, thank you for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...